Baked Chicken with Maple Syrup
1 4-5 pound whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
rinse and pat dry
1-medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3-small turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
1-large yellow onion, peeled and make ringlets
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1-teaspoon sea salt
1/4-teaspoon black pepper
1/4-teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large baking dish, lightly grease with unsalted butter.
3. Arrange the chicken, sweet potatoes, turnip chunks, and onion ringlets, in baking dish.
4. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil, over chicken and veggies.
5. Toss chicken and veggies, with salt, pepper, thyme, drizzle with maple syrup.
6. Bake chicken for one hour. Stir mixture a few times. Poke chicken with fork to see if liquids runs clear. If not let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Side Suggestions: fruit salad, and dessert