Vegetarian Lentil Meatloaf Recipe
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup brown lentils
6 Tablespoons Monterey jack cheese
1/2 small red onion, peeled,and diced
1/2 cup oats, quick cooking
1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1. In a medium saucepan, over low-medium heat, add vegetable broth, bring to boil, add salt, and lentils, cook about 20-30 minutes, until lentils are soft.
2. Drain lentils, when done, partially mash, pour into a large mixing bowl, let cool.
3. When cooled add cheese, onion, oats, mix well.
4. Next add tomato sauce, green bell pepper, beaten egg, sage, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper, mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray, good coating, pour lentil mixture, into pan, press into shape, flatten top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes on middle rack, the last 5 minutes, spread ketchup on top, return to oven continue cooking until golden brown, let cool 10 minutes.
Side Suggestions: mashed sweet potatoes, spinach, and dessert.