Shepard’s Pie Chicken Recipe
1+1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 large carrot, (peeled and diced)
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups cooked chicken, torn-up
1/2 cup peas, frozen
2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup 2% milk, warm, add more if needed
3/4 cup Gruyere cheese
1+1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. In a medium-large saucepan, over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, add carrots and onions, sauté for 8 minutes.
2. Add flour, continue cooking another 6 minutes, coat mixture well, stir often.
3. Next add chicken stock into onion mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat, to a simmer, cook for 10 minutes or until thickens.
4. Add chicken, frozen peas, dried parsley, and dried thyme.
5. In a large baking dish or pan, lightly grease, transfer chicken mixture.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
7. In a large saucepan, over medium heat add, red potatoes, 1 Tablespoon sea salt, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer, until fork tender.
8. Add minced garlic, 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, pepper, 2% milk, and remaining sea salt, use a hand mixer, beat until creamy.
9. Place saucepan back on burner, over low heat, add both cheese’s let cook until becomes a little thick, stir often.
10. Spoon potatoes over chicken mixture. Bake on middle rack, until top is light golden brown, for about 10-15 minutes.
No side dish needed