Triple Vegetable Glazed Chicken Recipe
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 small lemon
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium-large turnip, ( cleaned and cut into chunks)
3 large carrots, ( peeled and cut into chunks)
1 medium-large sweet potato, ( cleaned, peeled, and cut into chunks)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1+1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Pound chicken to about 1-inch
2. In a large non-stick, skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil, add chicken, and squeeze lemon over top.
3. Sprinkle oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper over the chicken.
4. Cook about 8-10 minutes each side, set aside, cover with foil.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium-large bowl, combine turnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, and olive oil.
3. Transfer veggies to a baking sheet, place on middle rack for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender when poked.
4. Transfer veggies back to bowl, add butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt toss to coat.