Asian Meatball Salad
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 large egg ( beaten)
1/4 cup green onions (clean and chopped)
1 ( 8-ounce) can water chestnuts, ( drained and chopped)
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
sea salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 ( pound) 80 % ground beef
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1+1/2 cups chicken stock
1 package romaine lettuce
1 medium-large lemon (sliced)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, add 4 teaspoons soy sauce, and egg. Mix well with soy sauce, next add green onions, chestnuts, breadcrumbs, sea salt, and red pepper flakes then add ground beef to mixture.
3. Shape into 1-2-inch meatballs, place onto foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, on middle rack.
4. In a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, stir in vinegar, and chicken stock,remaining soy sauce, to make salad dressing. Place saucepan over low-medium heat bring to a boil, cook; mix for 3 minutes or until thickens.
5. Place romaine lettuce leaves onto a platter positions meatballs, and some green onion, and lemons.
Side Suggestions: Cole slaw, French fries, and dessert