Tuscan Chicken Recipe with Herbs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
4 chicken breast ( boneless and skinless)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ( 16-ounce) package of egg noodles
1 medium-large red pepper, ( seeded and sliced thin)
1 medium-large yellow pepper, ( seeded and sliced thin)
2 large cloves garlic, ( peeled and diced)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pound fresh baby spinach ( cleaned and remove stems)
1 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium-large shallow dish combine flour, seasoned salt, pepper, oregano, basil, dip each chicken breast into flour mixture, covering the chicken well.
3. In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm 3 tablespoons oil, add coated chicken, cook until brown on each side, remove place onto a baking sheet with foil over it, bake 10-15 minutes until when poked juice runs clear, set aside.
4. Meanwhile cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
5. Using same non-stick skillet, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil, add red and yellow peppers, and garlic cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour, continue cooking, additional 2 minutes, add chicken stock, whisk contents for 2 minutes or until thicken.
6. In a small bowl add heavy cream, and cornstarch, mix well.
7. Add baby spinach, and milk to skillet, along with peppers, bring to simmer, over low heat, cover; cook until spinach wilts, mix in parmesan cheese, and sprinkle some paprika, add noodles, and top with chicken, that has been sliced.
Side suggestions: Garlic bread, Jell-O, and lettuce salad