Pork Chop Shredded Potato Casserole
1 ( 16-ounce) bag frozen shredded potatoes
1/2 cup slice mushrooms ( cleaned and sliced)
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 pork chops ( loin cut)
1/2 teaspoon season salt
1 ( 10-ounce) can cream asparagus soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup half & half
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup cheddar cheese ( shredded)
1 ( 6-ounce)can French fried onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, warm oil, add pork chops, brown on each side 3-5 minutes, remove set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine seasoned salt, cream, asparagus soup, sour cream, pepper, dill, garlic powder, add 1/2 bag shredded potatoes, cheese, and french fried onions; mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a large shallow baking dish, arrange chops on top, pour remaining potatoes mixture on top. Cover with foil.
5. Bake on middle rack for 40-50 minutes, last 10 minutes, remove foil, add mushrooms on top, return to oven finish baking.
Side Suggestions: Chilled peas, and dessert