Marinated Apple Chicken Thighs
6 chicken boneless, skinless, chicken breast or thighs, pound down 1 inch thick
1-2 pounds small red potatoes (cleaned and halved)
1 ( 6-ounce ) can frozen apple juice concentrate ( thawed)
2 tablespoons apple juice vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon apple jelly
4 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon dried sage
2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried garlic powder
1. Arrange chicken in one layer in a large shallow dish.
2. In a medium-large saucepan, combine potatoes with enough water to cover, simmer over low-medium heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
3. In a food processor or blender, blend together apple juice, Worchester sauce, apple jelly, oil, sage, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic until well mixed.
4. In a medium-large bowl, mix potatoes with 1/4 cup herb marinade. Pour remaining sauce over chicken in their own box. Let potatoes and chicken marinate separately; cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Grill chicken, on oiled rack 5-6 inches above coals. Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side.
6. Grill potatoes cut side down for about 8-10 minutes, or until brown.
Side suggestions: sugar snap peas and pears