Walnut Broccoli Casserole Recipe
1 ( 16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups chicken stock
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups dried bread cubes
1/3 cup walnuts ( chopped)
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add broccoli and water, follow directions on package for cooking , drain well.
3. Transfer broccoli to a buttered baking dish size small-medium.
4. Combine 1 1/4 cups chicken stock, powder milk, and flour in a medium bowl, Stir well with fork or whisk.
5. Lightly grease a 5 quart saucepan with cooking spray add flour mixture, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, and starts to boil. Pour mixture over broccoli.
6. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, walnuts, sage, parsley flakes, onion flakes, salt, pepper, and remaining chicken stock; mix well. Scatter mixture over broccoli mixture.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top broccoli mixture. Place in oven, bake for 20-30 minutes or until top is brown and crusty. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Side Suggestions: slice cheese, fruit and dessert.