Whole Wheat Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
3/4 cup whole wheat macaroni ( uncooked)
2 cups cheddar cheese ( grated)
3/4 cup SOFT bread crumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 +1/4 cups 2% milk ( warm on stove)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes ( optional)
1 small yellow onion, ( peeled and diced)
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon sharp and creamy mustard
2 large eggs ( beaten)
1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter.
3. Add hot milk, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, onion, parsley, and sharp mustard; mix well.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Add beaten eggs and cooked macaroni; stir well.
5. Pour into a well buttered medium-large size baking dish and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
Side Suggestions: Lettuce salad, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, and dessert.