Homemade Pork Pot Pie for Two
2 (9 inch) pie shells
1 + 1/2 pounds ground pork
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup celery with leaves, wipe clean and chopped
1 extra large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
1 +1/2 cups warm water
1 medium bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon all spice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cold water
1 large egg, slightly beat
1 teaspoon cold water
1. Place one pastry shells into the pie dish, trim off excess; set aside.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, over low-medium heat pork, garlic, celery with leaves, and onion until meat no longer pink and veggies are soft; drain.
3. Add potatoes, water, bay leaf, cinnamon, salt, pepper, sage, and all spice.
4. Mix flour and water together, pour into pork mixture; bring to a boil, turn heat down, simmer for 15 minutes, remove bay leaf.
5. Stir egg and water, brush over bottom pie shell and edges.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
7. Place pie on cookie sheet, pour pork mixture into shell; cover with remaining shell, cut slits in top shell, pinch edges together. Bake on middle rack for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.