Creamy Baked Ham and Squash Recipe
1/2 butternut squash
1 (12 ounce) can Ham
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup water
1 cup evaporated milk
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon all-spice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut squash in half, remove seeds and fibrous material from cavity, and place upside down on a buttered baking dish.
3. Bake squash for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
4. Meanwhile cut ham into 1/2 inch dice.
5. Over medium heat, melt in saucepan; mix in flour, add water, and milk cook until mixture boils and thickens, stir constantly over low heat.
5. Add salt, pepper, and all-spice, and diced ham into milk mixture. Keep stirring slowly over low heat to keep from sticking.
6. Place baked squash on platter and pour creamed ham over squash.
Substitute baked chicken or turkey can be used instead of ham
Side Suggestions: Country Biscuits, green beans, and dessert