Mushroom Pork Chop Suey
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound pork or beef- cut into cubes
1 ( 8 ounce) can mushroom pieces, reserve liquid
1 +1/2 cups red onion, diced
2 cups celery with leaves, diced
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, reserve liquid
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
2 tablespoon cold water
3 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large non-stick skillet, over high heat, warm vegetable oil then add pork. Brown pork chops on both sides.(DO NOT FLOUR).
2. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and chestnuts liquid. Cover, cook, and simmer on low for 35 minutes.
3. Then add chestnuts, mushrooms, sage, and salt.
4. Meanwhile slowly mix with a fork water, soy sauce, flour, and pepper in a medium bowl.
5. Add flour mixture into skillet, mix thoroughly, and turn up to high until thickened for about 5 minutes.
Side Suggestions: rice or wide noodles, canned soy noodles, and dessert.