Sweet n’ Sour Chicken Fajitas
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
2 teaspoons dried cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken strips (no breading)
1 medium red and green bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
1/2 large yellow onion, sliced thinly
6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
3 tablespoons green or black olives
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. In a small mixing bowl combine lime juice, coconut milk, olive oil, sugar, cilantro, cumin, garlic, and salt.
2. Add chicken strips, green pepper, red pepper, and onion into large recloseable bag,
3. Pour mixture from step one in bag with chicken and refrigerate 5-6 hours.
4. In a medium skillet over medium heat add chicken mixture and cook about ten minutes.
6. Spoon mixture into each tortillas, top with lettuce, olives, and cheese.
Side Suggestions: sweet corn, cottage cheese, dessert